Tuesday, December 23, 2008

PLEASE LITTER

One of my favorite mediums which i recently have been working in again is the "Lunatic Flier". I used to be much more into it with the controlled audience of the school, but it's been a while since i've been in an environment like that, where it's easy to monitor everyone's reaction (very rewarding). Sometimes you just have to not care if you can't see people's reactions & assume that you're going to get one, but how fun is that? Hmmm.

please litter

dinosaur riot communique

4 comments:

Aeron said...

Great fliers, As far as public art, I've wanted to make some insanely huge and detailed stencils for a long time so I could tag places with an intricate seemingly time consuming artwork in a hurry.

SEAN said...

it would be so easy to do your demons up as silhouettes, make like 30 of them & then go crazy all over the place with different varieties & sizes of them. I think you HAVE to do this! It's great publicity either way. BUT, not so fun to do in the winter time.

zeke said...

Think it'd make my day if I saw something as mysterious as this pasted up.
Aeron you gotta do those stencils! I had a brief attempt at stencilling, it was fun but I was fuckin' hopeless at the sneaking around side of it. It's difficult to be discreet whilst lurking in alleys with a wet stencil stinking of paint in your paint spattered hands...

SEAN said...

Seriously Zeke, if just one out of every thousand people took a moment to put up some insane fliers every couple of months, it would increase our quality of life by such a degree. It's unfathomable. I don't sneak when i'm doing illegal art, i pretend like i'm supposed to be doing whatever i'm doing & just work quickly.